Monday, January 9, 2012

You Know You're Canadian When...

Okay brief post to document this hilarious anecdote from my evening at home -

My dad's best friend from university and his wife (who also went to university with them) is currently down visiting from Northern Alberta.  They just returned from spending several years abroad working in Indonesia and they wanted to touch base and catch up for a few days so the two couples have been traipsing around the city seeing the sights and talking for hours.  So tonight, I'm sitting at the computer filling out my time sheet and eavesdropping on them in the living room discussing the idea of impacting your community - how people should not only be investing in places that are easy to invest in like their homes and their churches but they should also make an effort to build relationships other places in order to feel connected to the community you live in.  My dad is throwing out examples "Local pub, coffee shop, library..." my mom says "Craft store, grocery store..." and the visiting woman says "Hockey rink?"

Yes, because we have so many of those here and we frequent them on a daily basis.  So Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment