Wednesday, March 23, 2011

C-Unit Crushes Dreams

So I successfully put off completing any productive tasks on my To Do list but I did accomplish two insignificant yet humorous tasks.

First, I wrote and performed a rap that I would hypothetically include as my closing statement in an interview for a teaching position.

My name is Chelsea also known as Ms. F
My life calling is the reason why I sit at this desk
Eat sleep and breath - my commitment to your children
I dream of the day when I'll work in this buildin'
Charisma and vitality are positives I bring
No slacking or attacking
I can even sing
Red and yellow black and white
They're ALL precious in my sight
My goal is further growth
Morning noon and night
Thank you for this privilege I hope you've been impressed - by my energy, my empathy and not just by my dress.

The rhythm is a bit difficult to understand unless you hear it performed but at least reading it you can appreciate how much of a weirdo I am.

My second accomplishment of the day was crushing a young child's beautiful and rosy vision of Disneyland and the magic existing within those walls.  I told them a story of the time I was walking in Backstage Disney and I saw Ariel smoking a cigarette.  This thoughtless story was followed by a "They have waterproof cigarettes?" from the youngest child and "I never want to visit a princess again!  They're gross!" from the oldest child.  Nice job Chels.  They tell you about their first trip to Disneyland and you think of the most traumatizing story you could possibly tell about the most magical place on earth.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment