Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Break Countdown

80 – the number of miles I can go before my gas tank is empty and needs to be refilled with my zero dollars

26 – the number of minutes I had with my grade 10s today after the Hansen Idol ran long and before the code yellow evacuation of the school.

24 – the number of students who were pleased that I have now had to cancel their test because their entire review period was taken up by an emergency evacuation and a lame talent competition.

20 – the number of idiot students who are failing or close to failing my class

18 – the number of minutes I had to spend outside with bare legs in the freezing wind.  I knew I should have worn tights today.

12 – the number of contestants who sang at this afternoon’s “Hansen Idol” competition

9 – the number of contestants who sang POORLY at this afternoon’s “Hansen Idol” competition

7 – the number of grade 10 students who have tried to add me on Facebook today.

2 – the number of fires that were intentionally started in our school today by students.

1 – the number of days left until two weeks of Spring Break.

0 – the number of cocktails I have had today…this must change.

It’s times like this where I really wish I still lived in the States and I could just drop by the grocery store and grab a six pack to sit on my couch with.  I know I could get some here but I would pay three times as much for a crappy selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment