Monday, April 11, 2011

Napoleon Chronicles - Part 1

I forgot my headphones today.  It’s brutal.  I can’t get any work done – so instead I’m just resigned to working on report cards. 

This weekend I met my puppy!  You might remember in my last post how I mentioned moping about how I wanted to adopt this puppy that I would hypothetically name Napoleon.  This week I made the decision that the amount of happiness I would feel over getting to adopt this little guy into my home far outweighs any discomfort I might feel over having to spend money that I don't really want to spend.  So I drove out to Silverdale (a GORGEOUS part of Washington, I loved the pace of life out there).  At one point I drove underneath a bridge with the phrase "Celebrating Nature and Community" and I knew that this was exactly where I want to end up someday.  I traveled down a long road with cross streets named things like "Redfern", "Quiet View" and "Left Wing" until the road ended and a long gravel private drive continued down into the forest.  Just when I thought that I had taken some sort of wrong turn and I would never find their address I came to the home of Brenda and Alan at Cedarmist Cavaliers and they could not have been more welcoming!  The puppies were so cute!  There were originally two litters but Napoleon's brother (now named Mario and living happily I imagine out in Eastern Washington) had gone home the day before so it was just him along with another litter.  They were two days younger than him but noticeably larger.  


I got to meet his mom "True" and her sisters who were all beautiful. I sat on the floor playing with him for almost an hour while he dashed about the room.  He has the smallest little nose and these tiny teeth (when I say tiny you have absolutely no idea how tiny).  He would run across the room and then trip and do a full somersault before hopping up and rushing about again.  As is typical for a puppy he managed to head directly for the computer cord and proceeded to chew on it, so we had to continuously redirect his attention.  Finally he settled down and I took him into my lap and he nuzzled into my shirt and started to nap.  It was the greatest moment of my life.

20 days until he is mine!  




No comments:

Post a Comment