Tuesday, February 8, 2011

High Fives and M.O.

There is a student that comes in every morning to give me a high five.
What should my thoughts be on this subject?
I figure there are two
1)     It’s super creepy and this kid has a deep, fluttery stomach crush on me.
2)     It’s just flattering that he enjoyed my course so much that he wants to visit me every morning before English!...
Maybe I should stop showering and washing my hands.

Today I forgot that I was being evaluated by my FA – so he bounces into the classroom all cheery and I was just frozen…in place.  Luckily I had lesson plans printed and my classes all set to go but the shock of it!  He was lucky enough to watch a movie on the English Civil War – apparently I “introduced it well” which pleases me since that was pretty much all I did.  All in all not a terrible experience, it was almost better not knowing he was coming and having that anxiety on me all day.

This was the conversation I had at the end of the day today as I was casually greeting a friend:
Me:  How is your day?
MN: Filled with light.  Yours?
Me: Filled with learning.   Though I think I was doing most of it unfortunately.  My students were mostly...zombies.
MN: Oh that's rough.  Sometimes you need to drop words like Sex or Multiple Orgasms in your speech to keep their attention.  I learned that somewhere.

So the plan tomorrow?  Teach my Law kids about Human Rights Legislation and Multiple Orgams.  It should go over well.

No comments:

Post a Comment